Pre-Conference Workshop Day
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2021
Engaging Patients in Decentralized Clinical Trials: Best Practices
09:00 - 12:00 EST | 15:00 - 16:00 CEST
Underserved groups are disproportionately diagnosed with certain diseases, yet their participation in clinical trials is minimal. This workshop will provide solutions to reach the underserved: African American, Latino, Asian, and the elderly through building trust.
COVID has further raised light on these disparities. Decentralized clinical trials are key to helping relieve these inequities through the use of digital technologies, telehealth, and alleviating transportation and other barriers to clinical trials participation.
During this presentation and dedicated interactive workshop, participants will be given insight on:
- Optimizing patient experiences with telehealth technologies during a DCT
- Understanding how home care nurses would be incorporated to support the process and make patients feel comfortable
- Listening to participants throughout the study, from study design through execution and completion
- Reciting how gathering information from participants upfront can help guide engagement, recruitment and enrolment strategies as well as providing feedback opportunities at the trial completion
Founder and President
Tir Health Advisors
Chief Executive Officer
TOUCH, The Black Breast Cancer Alliance
Building the Trial Around the Technology: Seeing Through a Different Lens
13:00 - 15:30 EST | 19:00 - 21:30 CEST
Attend this workshop to ensure the trials you are building leverage digital technology and real-world data to meet trial requirements. To ensure that trials produce significant, valid, and cost-effective research outcomes: learn how to focus on these considerations:
- What questions should you ask to help identify the correct digital tools/clinical endpoints and select patient populations for the DCT?
- How to most effectively communicate with vendors, stakeholders, and study subjects to optimize trial efficiency and minimize attrition
- What approach to take with geographical and regulatory boundaries regarding technological integration, digital consenting, and electronic data capture?
If you are new to the DCT space, already implementing one, or have active trials already attend this workshop to gain a toolkit of practical information from this interactive, candid and practical workshop.
Arthur Combs MD
FutureTech Strategies, Inc.
Lead, Emerging Technology Strategy- Clinical Design, Delivery and Analytics
Eli Lilly and Company
Consent Custody Corporation
Chief Executive Officer